Assembly Maintenance Multicraft Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35205
- Company Introduction
Kamtek is part of Cosma International, a division of Magna International. We are the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments – North America, Europe, and Rest of World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa).
Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly.
We have 315 manufacturing operations and 87 product development, engineering and sales centres in 29 countries on five continents as of Q1 2013.
- Job Introduction
Assembly Maintenance Technician will provide technical support for production and carry out the assignments and responsibilities given to them by the assembly department maintenance supervisors and team leaders.
- Major Responsibilities
- Follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures
- In general, ensure the achievement of departmental OEE targets through the achievement of equipment availability targets.
Additional tasks may include but will not be limited to:
- Adjusts & repairs automotive manufacturing equipment, repairs and services, and test equipment using hand tools and power tools.
- Disassembles defective equipment as well as replaces defective parts, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, etc.
- Reassembles, adjusts and tests repaired equipment. Equipment testing includes the ability of the maintenance associate to operate the machine during non production hours, producing quality parts to ensure machine functionality.
- May specialize in repairing specific manufacturing equipment, and equipment that is not specific to the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshooting and modification to maintain uptime, make modifications to improve efficiency and reliability of equipment and its systems. Oversee modifications by internal and external resources for process changes, new models and expansion.
- Use computerized or manual Maintenance Information Systems to document the details of equipment related issues, repairs made, Preventative and Predective Maintenance measures taken, etc.
- Make necessary adjustments to parts and machinery to ensure proper production run.
- Basic robotics troubleshooting on robots.
- Basic electrical circuit troubleshooting.
- Use computerized or manual systems to facilitate root cause analysis for failures resulting in major downtime (as defined by management). Once the root cause has been identified, put measures in place that will prevent reoccurance within the affected business unit as well as across the facility.
- Optimize/upgrade or change equipment based on safety, quality, or production requirements.
- Interface with all necessary production associates associates, (production supervision, etc…to ensure issues are identified and resolved. In general, communicate with the production team.)
- Ensure new parts get ordered or returned unused part back to the correct stock location.
- Update verification forms when needed.
- Promotes good housekeeping
- Perform other duties as required
- Knowledge and Education
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree)
- Technical Associates Degree preferred or equivalent automated manufacturing experience required. Technical knowledge will be demonstrated through a technical assessment prior to hire, lateral move, or promotion.
- Minimum 4 years of automated manufacturing technical experience required.
- Skills and Competencies
- Applicable rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Robotic troubleshooting skills
- Robotic programming skills
- PLC troubleshooting skills
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Work Environment
Manufacturing Environment: Examples are 1) Transports materials or inspects building, equipment and other items; 2) Operates computers or other office equipment; and 3) Sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Physical demands should be described in terms of what has to be done and not in terms of physical or mental attributes. Identify the key physical demands required to perform the essential function of the job and indicate whether the responsibility is performed occasionally (“O”), frequently (“F”), or constantly (“C”).
- Walks to, and works in production areas. (F)
- Operates and repairs automated production equipment. (F)
- Lifts/moves heavy objects. (F)
- Must be able to make good decisions and troubleshoot in a high pressure environment. ©
- Sits or stands for prolonged periods of time. (O)
- Operates computers (F)
- Wears protective equipment (F)
- Works 10-12 hours per day (F)
- Works weekends as required (F)
- Works shift models as required (F)
Group: Cosma International
Job Type: Regular