MDS Coordinator - RN - RNAC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Nurses – The Heartbeat of Diversicare
Elevated and empowered nurses is the key to excellence.Diversicareiscommitted to creating an environment where our nurses are supported, have access to information, educational opportunities, resources, and have our advocacy to leverage their compassion, strong voices and intellect.
RNAC – Registered Nurse Assessment Coordinator
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Assessment Coordinator that has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity!
We live our Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork & Stewardship every day with every life we touch, providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.
If these are your values as well, APPLY NOW!
Contact Stacy Hatcher, Talent Acquisition Manager
1. Coordinate the RAI Process.
2. Work in Collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to assess the needs of the patient/resident
3. Coordinates and conducts the daily Case Management meeting.
4. Ensures accurate and timely MDS assessments according to state and federal regulations.
5. Ensures interdisciplinary team completes designated sections of the MDS assessment.
6. Ensures and completes accurate coding of the MDS assessment with information obtained via medical record review, observation and interview with center staff, patients, residents and family members.
7. Ensures documentation is available to support accurate coding of the MDS assessment.
8. Maintains the tracking system of MDS assessment schedules (time frames and due dates).
9. Utilizes electronic systems (i.e. TSI) to audit MDS assessments per company guidelines.
10. Coordinates Care Plan conferences with the interdisciplinary team, patient, residents and families.
11. Obtain, review and maintain all State and Federal reports, making appropriate corrections timely.
12. Monitors Quality Measures and ensures that MDSs are accurate to support and reflect the Quality Measures.
13. Provides education related to the RAI Process
14. Coordinates and completes electronic submission of required documentation to the State data base and other entities per company guidelines and State and Federal regulations.
15. Ensures Medicare and Medicaid regulatory guidelines are completed accurately and timely (i.e.: certifications, denial letters, skilled documentation, coverage criteria, etc…)
16. Provides Managed Care case management at the center level
17. Reviews Additional Documentation Requests (ADRs) with Health Information Management Coordinator (HIMC) to ensure all documents are available and meet the request.
18. Participates in billing reviews (Triple Check) to ensure claims have supporting MDS assessments documents.
19. Participates in Quality Assurance and Process Improvement Activities.
20. Continues to update knowledge base related to Medicare, Managed Care, Medicaid, RAI Process and computer technology updates.
1. Must hold current registered nursing license in the state of employment.
2. Experience in Long Term Care preferred.
3. Computer skills such as Data Entry and Word processing required. Working knowledge of the MDS 3.0 (current version of minimum data set).
4. Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to skilled nursing facilities.
5. Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
Job ID 2019-32887
Type Regular Full-Time
Location Name Windsor House Nursing & Rehab
Address 4411 McAllister Drive