Mechanical Design Engineer (YUL0213_COMPANY_1.2)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35824
The Mechanical Design Engineer shall be analytical, creative and will work in a highly collaborative environment. They are problem-solvers who are quantitatively capable and have a skillset for generating appropriate product specifications for conceptual, modifications of existing and final design products
• Work collaboratively and professionally with other associates and subcontractor engineering firms in cross functional teams to achieve goals
• Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing mechanical engineering solutions in a timely fashion
• Participate in mechanical CAD product design
• Review products and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
• Prepare reports and presentations.
• Participate in continuous improvement
• Resolve technical issues
• Participate in reviews and analyze data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
• Follow defined development processes
• Evaluate product data and designs from inspections and reports for conformance to engineering principles and regulatory requirements
• Provide subcontractor oversight by participating in subcontractor engineering peer reviews to ensure a high level of design confidence, fidelity and integrity in subcontractor’s designs
• Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal and scanner, constant use of sight abilities while scanning documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines
This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Technical skills and knowledge of mechanical engineering drawings, including mechanism, current standards, coatings, formatting and dimensioning
• Solid works 2D/3D tool usage background
• Develop solutions to complex mechanical issues in the field of military rotary wing, fixed wing aircraft, and military land vehicles
• Must understand military vehicle structures, load paths and designing for crash loads
• Participate in planeside trouble shooting and issue resolution activities
• Possess in depth understanding and application of military specifications and standards
• Effectively communicate with Airworthiness Authorities
• Possess in depth understanding of Mil-Std-31000, ASME Y14.100 and associated technical data package specifications
• Develop CAD technical data packages consisting of 2D drawings, 3D models, and bills of materials using SolidWorks and AutoCAD
• Desired ability to perform Structural/Stress Analyses utilizing Solid Works
• Desired ability to provide subcontractor oversight by reviewing and approving Contract Deliverable documents and reports such as Weight and Balance and System Safety Hazard Analysis
• Working with people; managing relationships and networking
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and at least 10 years of experience
• Experience in mechanical hardware and hardware assembly design and/or concepts as related to rotary and fixed wing aviation platforms
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
• Ability to pass a drug and background screening
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.