Civil Engineering Associate I or II (287648)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36527
The Engineering Associate (EA) I & II is an entry level position up through 4 years of professional work experience. The EA Performs assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
1. Learning what constitutes good engineering practice and applying it to his/her work.
2. Using computers, handbooks, drawing instruments, etc.
3. Performing basic design calculations within his/her discipline.
4. Performing neat, accurate, and productive work.
5. Assisting in preliminary design studies, project planning, and related activities that lead to the design of a project.
6. Assisting in the preparation of specifications, cost and material estimates, reports, and engineering studies.
7. Preparing design, detail, and layout drawings and design sketches.
8. Checking designs prepared by others.
9. Utilizing computers and CAD in the design effort.
10. Recognizing his/her limitations and asking for help when needed.
11. Following company policies and procedures regarding safety and quality.
1. A bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
2. EIT is preferred.
3. Minimum of one year of Civil design experience.
4. Must have Civil 3D experience.
5. The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
1. Must be willing to work flexible schedules, overtime and overnight travel as needed by the department needs.
2. Must be able to operate a computer and sit for long periods of time.
3. Ability to work in the field or outside, able to bend, stoop and climb.
About Thompson Engineering
Thompson Engineering was established in 1953 in Mobile, Alabama. Since then, the company has grown to include multiple offices in states throughout the Southeast.
Thompson Engineering is a subsidiary of Thompson Holdings, Inc. Our sister companies are Watermark Design Group, an architectural and interior design firm, and Thompson Consulting Services, a disaster recovery consulting firm. As a group, the three firms provide a broad range of architectural and engineering services.
Thompson is an employee-owned firm with more than 300 personnel in multiple disciplines. Our staff has a vested interest in providing safe, quality driven, successful projects that are completed on time and within budget. Our business relies heavily on our performance and the repeat satisfaction of our customers. Thompson Engineering and Watermark Design Group are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V.