Rod Tier (OJT Position)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
• Positions and secures steel bars in concrete forms to reinforce concrete.
• Selects and places rod in forms; spacing and fastening them together using wire and pliers.
• May cuts bars to required lengths, using demolition, bar cutters or acetylene torch.
• Reinforces concrete with wire mesh.
• Insures that all reinforcing material is in its proper position, so it receives its intended structural load.
• Loads, transports, unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
• May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
• May perform minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
• Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required
• Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
• Compare and see differences ’in the size, shape and forms of lines, figures and object.
• Look at blueprints, drawings or pictures and understand how they would look as solid objects with height, width or depth.
• Apply basic mathematical skills.
• Follow oral and written directions.
Previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under