Stress Analysis Engineer (Internal Loads)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35812
Cimarron is seeking a Stress Analysis Engineer (Internal Loads) to perform internal loads analysis in support of the stress analysis of space flight hardware, including secondary structure, cryogenic propulsion structures, and interfaces. The chosen candidate will be responsible for post-process data for case-consistent or time-consistent application to stress analysis and generate inputs for final stress analysis for the Space Launch System (SLS) program in Huntsville, AL.
• Support test execution, analyze test results, and produce reports to validate and verify that systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
• Define and document certification and test results to substantiate the requirements are satisfied.
• Perform structural analysis to determine structural integrity (margins of safety) using classical techniques and Buyer tools, including hand calculations for preliminary sizing, to support drawing release.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
• 5 or more years of experience with structural analysis on space systems.
• Must be able to build models or take structural models and apply loads to models.
• Must be able to take input levels that include random environments, vibration and acoustic loading, high frequency loads, low frequency loads, coupled loads, and quasi-static loading and environments and perform response analysis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong collaborative skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Engineering or related science/technology discipline.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.
We believe in recognizing employees’ worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From company communication through Company-wide information meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran. Due to facility security requirements, only US Citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.