Hydrovac Operator CDL - Mobile AL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile , AL 36525
Badger Daylighting is expanding and seeking professional Hydrovac Operators to join the largest Hydrovac business in North America.
The Badger Hydrovac system is a non-destructive method of excavating as an alternative to mechanical equipment or hand-digging. The Badger Hydrovac uses pressurized water and a vacuum system to quickly, safely, precisely and cleanly excavate around utilities, pipelines and numerous other applications.
• Seventy percent or more of the job’s work time is spent operating the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck performing non-destructive excavation around sensitive underground piping and cables.
• Other hydrovac work consists of tank entry, cleaning and vacuuming, mobilization of equipment, truck maintenance, safety meetings, etc.
• Heavy lifting at times is required.
• Working at heights are sometimes required
• The job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50 plus hours.
• Badger is a 24/7 operation.
• 12 months Heavy Equipment Operation experience preferred.
• OSHA10 safety card certification is required. (If applicant does not hold an OSHA10 certification, Badger will pay for computer based training with applicant completing on-line course within 5 days of hiring on their own. Certification is the property of the applicant.)
• Safety mindedness is essential.
• Travel out of town and out of state to work will be required at times.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours. (Due to client schedule, our operators may not work every day but must be flexible for irregular hours).
• Underground utility or constructions experience a plus.
• CDL A or B license is an asset
Essential Job Functions:
• Operate Badger Daylighting Corp equipment in a safe and professional manner.
• Properly document all Company, Federal, State, and Customer documentation/paperwork as required by law and or established policy in a clear and legible manner.
• Able to effectively and professionally communicate with on-sight customer representative to locate least intrusive and safest place to park company equipment while on job sight.
• Able to lead and direct subordinate personnel to perform duties/tasks in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
• Able to troubleshoot and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
Essential Physical Functions/Requirements of the Job:
• Hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
• Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach and crawl.
• Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
• Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable.
• Be able to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
• Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
• Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
To become familiar with the Hydro-Vacuum Truck Operator position and the company go to www.badgerinc.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Badger Daylighting Corp offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Badger Daylighting Corp offers a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching 401k program and Paid Time Off. Badger Daylighting Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.