Patient Service Technician PST
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35222
The Patient Service Technician delivers and sets up equipment in patient’s home. The PST instructs patients and caregivers on the use of the equipment. A PST must be duly licensed in order to operate a delivery vehicle. Must be knowledgeable and able to comply with the regulations of the equipment and products handled by the Company. This positon requires on-call duty.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: One year of delivery experience preferred
Skills: Good organization, Good Written and Verbal Skills
Requirements: A current state issued driver’s license. A commercial driver license may be required. Good driving record with regard to moving violations and accidents. Must meet D.O.T. age requirements. Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions
Physical: Able to lift up to 150 lbs. Ability to lift, carry and move equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely drives truck with the capacity to transport materials in liquid or packaged form to and from destinations
2. Safely drives truck to accomplish timely delivery or equipment pick up at patient’s home
3. Prepares delivery vehicle daily by verifying load against shipping paperwork
4. Prepares receipt(s) for load pick up
5. Prioritizes and coordinates deliveries, pick-ups and service calls in an efficient manner
6. Makes sure all incoming equipment is properly bagged and tagged
7. Upon completion of routes, unloads returned equipment following safety and handling procedures
8. Educates home care patients and other end users on medical equipment, including set up and demonstration of the use of equipment
9. Must maintain high level of knowledge on all oxygen and DME
10. Develops and maintains working knowledge of current products and services offered by the Company and all applicable governmental regulations
2 (PST cont.)
11. Interacts with patients and customers that may be of various age and demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills during interactions
12. Completes necessary paperwork by collecting accurate patient information to support care service and treatment options, which includes patient signature for billing. Collects payment for goods if applicable.
13. On a daily basis, completes and maintains the driver log and books to ensure compliance with state and federal agencies (D.O.T., FDA, and OSHA).
14. Maintains communication with Branch Manager to keep aware of route status, change in order or other issues.
15. Safely handles hazardous or contaminated equipment or materials. Follows all infection control protocol. Securely loads and stages delivery vehicles.
16. Available for on-call duty, evenings and weekends on a rotating basis
17. Responsible for maintaining the physical and mechanical condition of company vehicle to include inspecting and checking oil, tires, lights and fluids daily.
18. Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires if needed
19. Follows Driver’s Safety Policy
20. May perform other duties not set forth above or as assigned in this job description
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements