Forklift Operator Warehouse Worker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
Forklift Operator Warehouse Worker
Monday – Friday 3:00pm-11:30pm
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We’re proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities – from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, Lift Truck Operator (LTO), Warehouse Worker will ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food products utilizing equipment including, but not limited to sit down and stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency equipment.
• Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
• Move product to storage areas with proper equipment.
• Efficiently stack and safely store the merchandise in the designated area.
• Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
• Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
• Participate in physical inventories, as needed.
• As directed by management, perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment to include (but not limited to) stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency equipment.
• Promptly Report all safety malfunctions on equipment.
• Comply with OSHA standards.
• Must be able to meet production standards.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Charge or change forklift battery as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
• Tools and Technology: Computer, Warehouse management system and related components, Pallet Jack, high lift, sit down or stand up lift truck, Hi-lift, RC
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires ability to work independently
• May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by management
• Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to corrective directions from a supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements… For full info follow application link.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and Drug Free Workforce