Warehouse Material Handler (OJT)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dothan, AL 36303
Townsend Building Supply is looking to train a full-time Warehouse Material Handler for their Dothan store. This is a physically demanding position in a warehouse setting with some exposure to outside weather conditions. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers, and warehouse equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
• At least 18 years old
• Able to perform manual labor
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to effectively follow written and verbal instructions
• Basic knowledge of construction and tools
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Dedication to safety
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
• Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and stoop for long periods of time
• Must be able to pass background and drug tests
• Must have reliable transportation to get to work every day
• Computer experience preferred
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Loading and unloading customer vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
• Participating in the loading of all goods in the yard in preparation for customer delivery.
• Read customer orders and shipping orders to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed, and/or shipped.
• Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
• Assist with unloading trucks and checking in merchandise.
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins.
• Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
• Completion and maintenance of proper loading documents, as well as shipping and receiving documents.
• Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed using appropriate method.
• Daily operation of forklifts for loading and unloading of stock and stock replenishment.
• Assist with delivery and pick-up on jobsites as necessary.
• Assist in counting of physical inventory.
Townsend Building Supply complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.
Visit the Dothan Career Center to apply for this position.