Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Troy, AL 36079
Operate forklift to transport product throughout facility, ensure compliance with production schedules, safety, and quality standards, maintain clean and safe plant work area, and identify maintenance and safety concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Communicate any problem concerning quality to immediate supervisor.
- Communicate any problem concerning production and safety to immediate supervisor.
- Work closely with Shipping Clerk on finished goods storage.
- Operate forklift to move finished goods to proper location.
- Complete and document daily safety check of forklift, communicate problems to maintenance department.
- Assist with loading finished goods on trucks as required.
- Assist with operating mold machines and equipment during break/lunch periods.
- Discover and solve problems, suggesting solutions that assist in reaching organizational goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to proceed with objectives and instructions with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to discover and solve problems.
- Better than average math skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to work 8 hour shift and alternate weekends.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate forklift safely.