Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
Title: Production Planner
Location: Huntsville, AL
Position Status: Full Time Contractor position with the possibility of becoming a permanent full-time employee after 6-month orientation period
Work Schedule: Regular hours are Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Employees may need to adjust work hours during surge situations. Overtime hours above the normal duty hours may be authorized at certain times to maintain production schedules and during surge situations
Brief Job Description:
The production planner ensures the smooth and cost-efficient flow of production operations
Duties and Responsibilities:
Evaluates RFP’s and works with management to draft Technical/Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance Assessment Requirements, Terms and Conditions, Pricing Requirements, and supplier profiles
- Coordinates production workflow for one or multiple products
- Plans and prioritizes operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Determines manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
Resolves problems related to production jobs such as configuration changes, engineering changes, material issues, schedule priority, and etc.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in line with company policies
- Prepares and submits status and performance reports
- Collaborates with management, quality control, and other staff
- Adheres to all company standards, policies and procedures
- Performs other tasks as needed
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelors Degree in related field is desired
Must have at least two (2) years of defense/aerospace manufacturing experience
- Must be capable of passing background check
- Must be capable of passing a drug screen
Must be familiar with working under AS 9100
Must have proven experience as production planner
Must have knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Must have knowledge of lean manufacturing, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Must have experience with specifications required to produce products in a defense/aerospace manufacturing environment
- Must be versed in inspection techniques and specifications interpretation
- This position requires basic knowledge of “build to print” operations
Must have working knowledge of MS Office
Must demonstrate positive, polite, and professional behavior at all times when dealing with co-workers, customers, and all levels of management
Must have the ability to communicate using clear, concise, and accurate English; both verbal and written are Required
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility to include but not limited to bending, reaching, climbing, turning, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. Walking moderate to long distances may be required. Must be able to lift/carry/push/pull/move items frequently over 20 pounds. Occasionally required to lift/carry/push/pull/move heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
The environmental characteristic for this position is an aircraft hangar, warehouse setting and outdoors. Candidates should be able to adapt to environments listed. There may be exposure to high noises, exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents, and Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks. This position must be able to work comfortably outdoors and may be exposed to hot/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
Axxeum, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. The company will provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and all policies of the company.
At the time of hiring, employees are required to sign a written statement acknowledging that they are employed at the will of the company and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause. Employees who do not have an individualized written employment contract or a collective bargaining agreement are employed at the will of the company and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, these employees may terminate their employment at any time for any reasons.