Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
DOTHAN , AL 36303
Fabricates and assembles structural metal products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops layout and plans sequence of operations.
• Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto workpiece.
• Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
• Hammers, Chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend and straighten metal. Preheats work pieces
• Positions, aligns, fits, and welds together parts.
• Designs and constructs templates and fixtures.
• Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications.
• Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products.
• Sets up and operates machine tools associated with fabricating shops such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Visit the Dothan Career Center to complete a job application for this position.