ITS Technician 2
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36602
Uniti Fiber Holdings Inc. (“Uniti”) is searching for an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Technician who will performs on-site or in-house installation, integration, servicing and/or repair of equipment. This job may include any aspect of field support and installation including: troubleshooting and repair of ITS and traffic signal equipment, systems, and wiring; installation of equipment; upgrades, modifications, programming; documentation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installation of ITS components of transportation systems, including traffic lights and intelligent transportation systems (ITS).
- Install, Integrate and Maintain ITS equipment including but not limited to cameras, radar detectors, electronic signs, communication equipment, and controller cabinets.
- Installs and repairs traffic signals and street lighting. Install electrical conductor, data conductor, and fiber optic cable.
- Install pull boxes, conduit, poles and foundations.
- Connect electrical conductors to power services to energize equipment.
- Test devices to ensure functionality.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues.
- Prepare logs to track the technical status of the system, installation, and maintenance activities with accuracy and completeness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Technical degree preferred or 1-2 years of related technical experience
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a, CDL Class A or B license
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN networks, fiber optics, serial and video communications a plus
- Ability to read and understand plan drawings and schematics
- IMSA Traffic Signal certifications a plus
- Extensive travel will be required
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends or overtime as required
- Required to stand; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to walk and climb or balance
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and moving traffic as well working in confined spaces
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles
Uniti provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.