Mid-Level System Administrator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
Mid-Level System Administrator
.# of Openings
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Mid-Level System Administrator, inHuntsville, AL. At MTSI, our more than 1,000 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 25th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit:
MTSI is seeking a Mid-Level System Administrator supporting high-fidelity/high resolution modeling of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The System Administrator will ensure the government’s desired technical direction is consistently implemented throughout a geographically distributed data center and extended sites. Some travel may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as System Administrator Project Lead for the Huntsville Element
- Serve as an IT technical representative to the government
- Conduct day-to-day system administration of the hardware and software for a modeling and simulation (M&S) system
- Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support
- Supports building, configuring, and troubleshooting software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure up-grades
- Supports diagnosis and corrects computer, server and network system issues
- Provides continuous status information to ensure customer satisfaction
- Initiates customer contact, escalates to appropriate parties and resolve incidents
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and in person requests for assistance from users experiencing technical problems
- Responds to technical issues as they arise
- Ensure consistent technical direction and understanding between government and contractor staff
- Assist in conduct of top level IT architecture trades and development
- Ensure consistent architectural IT application across the M&S products
- Ensure consistent IT processes, practices and documentation across the M&S system
- Report IT status to government and program managers
- Perform other IT duties as assigned
- Ability to present architectural design using Microsoft Tools (Visio, Project, PowerPoint, etc.)
*Minimum… For full info follow application link.
MTSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.