Internship - Production Intern
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Florence, AL 35630
- Must adhere to all safety rules.
- Light packaging and assembly of retail products.
- Product inspection with the use of tools and visual checks
- Ensure correct material is being used for the product being produced
- Observe machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Frequently check quality for non-conforming material
- Put scrap into the designated scrap bins
- Maintain all work areas to insure they are clean, orderly and safe
Must be a part-time or full-time student in college, university, graduate, or technical school.
Must be at least 18 years old, possessing a high school diploma, and passing any personnel and drug testing.
Must maintain at least a 2.5 overall GPA
The internship shall immediately end upon the intern graduating from college, a university, graduate program or technical school.
Interns are expected to be employed for 6 months or more and are asked to work approximately 28 hours per week.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Southwire company is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability