FIELD SPEC III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36101
The Field Spec III – PT is responsible for providing on-site mechanical technical direction and operating support of Power Transmission equipment within customer facilities during commissioning, start-up, operations, preventive maintenance and trouble-shooting situations auxiliaries in accordance with engineering best practice and contractual work scope requirements.
In the role of Field Spec III PT, you will:
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of Baker Hughes products
- Provide Project and Field Service management with complete and prompt information regarding status of programs, customer problems, failures, trends, and climate
- Travel to customer sites, both domestic and international, to consult, collaborate, and train customer s personnel concerning equipment operation, repairs, and warranty service
- Perform routine field repairs of Power Transmission products in the most practical, economical, and timely manner
- Verify that the installation of new Power Transmission products complies with engineering requirements in order to ensure warranty coverage
- Provide technical assistance through on site guidance and training in proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of assigned programs and ground support equipment, including the use and proper interpretation of data and technical instructions
- Assist customer in scheduling maintenance and workload Anticipate requirements beyond those that immediately affect the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those requirements
- Maintain knowledge of new developments and technologies of Lufkin and other manufacturers equipment in order to provide the highest standard of service
- Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care
- Candidate must be a team player, possess strong oral and written communication to work with their teams
- Able to translate and communicate technical language Qualifications/Requirements:
- Associate s Degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 7 years of experience of technical, mechanical and/or electrical experience in field service)
- Minimum 5 years of technical, mechanical and/or electrical experience in field service
- Work on remote and / or offshore locations on short notice
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Travel up to 85% of the time
- Work in a hands-on environment and able/willing to lift up to 50 pounds
- Effective technical report writing skills with the ability to clearly convey detailed, complex mechanical procedures Location:
- Lufkin, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Employer’s Job# 1926255
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.