Boiler Plant Operator (Union Referral)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
Shareholder Hire Preference.
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN TO ELIGIBLE AND QUALIFIED CHUGACH SHAREHOLDERS, SPOUSES AND DESCENDANTS, AND SHAREHOLDERS OF OTHER ALASKA NATIVE CORPORATIONS. CHUGACH MAKES EVERY EFFORT TO IDENTIFY, HIRE, TRAIN, AND PROMOTE SHAREHOLDERS. CHUGACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER OR GENDER IDENTITY (EXCEPT WHERE GENDER IS A BONA FIDE OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION), NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, MARITAL STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER FACTOR PROTECTED BY LAW. CGS COMPLIES WITH APPLICABLE STATE AND LOCAL LAWS GOVERNING NONDISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT IN EVERY LOCATION IN WHICH THE COMPANY HAS FACILITIES. THIS POLICY APPLIES TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT, INCLUDING RECRUITING, HIRING, PLACEMENT, PROMOTION, TERMINATION, LAYOFF, RECALL, TRANSFER, LEAVES OF ABSENCE, COMPENSATION AND TRAINING.
THIS UNION POSITION IS OPEN TO UNION REFERRALS ONLY.
SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Serve as Boiler Plant Operator to operate, service, maintain and repair boiler and heating plants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates, services, maintains and repair boilers and heating plants to produce steam or high temperature water for use in an establishment. Fires boiler. Observes and interprets readings on gauges, meters, and charts which register various aspects of boiler operation. Adjusts controls to insure safe and efficient boiler operation and to meet demands for steam or high temperature water. May also do one or more of the following: Maintain a log in which various aspects of boiler operation are recorded; clean, oil, make repairs to boiler room equipment; and following prescribed methods, treat boiler water with chemicals and analyze boiler water for such things as acidity, causticity, and alkalinity.
- Completes all job related paperwork and forms.
- Keeps work and plant area clean.
- Paints and insulates plant and distribution equipment.
- Performs all work in a safe manner in accordance with safety practices and procedures.
- Performs other related work as required or assigned.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Harmoniously working with other employees and customers.
- Working with the Project Principals to fully coordinate all activities.
- Effectively coordinate a number of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrating initiative and problem-solving skills.