Production Operator (5695)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pell City, AL 35125
Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
Production Operator (5695)
The purpose of the production operator position is to use company equipment to efficiently process steel in various forms in accordance with applicable work instructions yielding a product that complies with customer specifications. The individual in this position is also required to perform various production, maintenance, and housekeeping duties. This position requires the candidate to be available for rotating shifts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Safely operate material handling equipment to transport and position material for processing. This can include bridge cranes, jib cranes and forklifts.
- Unloading and loading of trucks and/or railcars with overhead cranes.
- Interpret work orders and work instructions to set-up and operate equipment.
- Monitor process controls and adjust operating parameters to ensure a conforming product.
- Perform testing and take measurements using various devices to assess product conformance. This can include hardness testers, weight scales, tape measures, calipers, etc.
- Complete documentation that serves as objective evidence that work has been performed in accordance with company and customer requirements. This can include various reports, logs and tags.
- Perform transactions and data entry at computer workstations.
- Perform housekeeping/safety tasks and general maintenance on equipment when needed
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Ability to work safely and complete and apply various safety training.
- Knowledge of safety requirements, and safe practices for all equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions given by the crew supervisor.
- Ability to follow direction provided on schedules, work orders and work instructions.
*… For full info follow application link.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
It is CMC’s policy to hire, evaluate, and promote employees on the basis of their skills, qualification, education, experience, and performance. Discrimination and harassment on the basis of the above traits is strictly prohibited. CMC also prohibits retaliation against anyone who has made a complaint of discrimination or harassment in good faith, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in a discrimination proceeding or investigation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All employees are expected to comply with this Equal Employment Opportunity Policy. Violations of this Equal Employment Opportunity Policy will lead to disciplinary action, up to and including, termination