Security Guard I (Unarmed)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Anniston, AL 36201
Security Guard I (Unarmed)
Performs all functions related to badging, issuing passes, auditing work products and other related duties as assigned. Daily duties may also include enforcement of system of personnel identification; package and vehicle inspections; identify, correct, secure, or arrange to correct security violations and initiate necessary reports; receives, issues and account for keys, locks, and access control passes; monitors fire/chemical agent/intrusion detection systems and other facility protection devices/ alarms. Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition. Performs other related duties as assigned. This position operates strictly within the guidelines established for the position at the assigned site. Any deviations from accepted protocols must be either approved in advance by the supervisor or immediately reported to a supervisor after the incident.
The Security Guard I responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor alarms, radio traffic and other information sources. Dispatch or inform others as needed and authorized.
- Report and appropriately address fire alarms, burglary alarms, requests for assistance and criminal acts; including but not limited to: vandalism, theft, illegal entry or attempted entry, suspicious behavior, domestic or workplace violence, threats, speed or other vehicle violations, illegal drug use, inappropriate use of facility or client equipment or property.
- Properly use equipment issued or available for use.
- Prevent passage of prohibited articles onto or off of client facility.
- Maintain all necessary licensing, certifications, training and records for legal employment for the Security Guard I position; keep and maintain all Security Clearances and documentation necessary for individual sites to include all for required UNARMED positions.
- Use portable radios, phones or other communication devises appropriately and according to established rules.
- Monitor all APSI and client equipment; guard against loss or damage; report any such loss or damage immediately to a supervisor or manager.
- Log in Property Pass numbers for authorized property/equipment movements.
- Ensure the security of government property, detaining personnel using the mantrap when needed, and reporting anyone involved with unauthorized property/equipment removal.
- Issue required badges or passes to authorized personnel.
- Monitor electronic access control and report violations
- Monitor radio-frequency identification (RFID) systems.
- Grant access to areas during non-working hours to authorized personnel in accordance with the established procedure and access lists.
- Monitor facility equipment and utility systems and report deficiencies to personnel responsible for repairs.
- Maintain activity logs and administrative documents as required by contract.
- Contact, assist, and cooperate with local, state or federal law enforcement; locate, retain and protect necessary evidence; testify as necessary in judicial and administrative proceedings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Auto req ID
Ahtna Professional Services Inc
Job Location (State)
Security Guard I (unarmed)
External & Internal
Open Continuous (Pool)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years of… For full info follow application link.
Ahtna Professional Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or protected veteran status. Native preference applies under PL 93-638. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.