Security Guard II (Alabama) (CDP)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35242
Security Guard II (Alabama) (CDP)
Ensures compliance with orders, policies, and procedures, with emphasis on safe conduct of operations. Completes monthly required training. Controls entry/access to the facility or to restricted areas within the facility. Daily duties consist of enforcement of system of personnel identification; package and vehicle inspections; performs both static and roving patrols; identify, correct, secure, or arrange to correct security violations and initiate necessary reports; performs traffic control as needed; receives, issues and account for keys, locks, and access control passes; monitors fire/chemical agent/intrusion detection systems and other facility protection devices/ alarms. Conducts aggressive patrols; operates security systems; identifies, reports and detains persons suspected of violation/unauthorized access attempt to CDP facilities until appropriate law enforcement arrive.
- Monitor alarms, radio traffic and other information sources. Dispatch or inform others as needed and authorized.
- Report and appropriately address fire alarms, burglary alarms, requests for assistance and criminal acts; including but not limited to: vandalism, theft, illegal entry or attempted entry, suspicious behavior, domestic or workplace violence, threats, speed or other vehicle violations, illegal drug use, inappropriate use of facility or client equipment or property.
- Stop, screen, inquire, and inspect vehicles and pedestrians entering and / or exiting the facility as directed by post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
- Properly use equipment issued or available for use.
- Prevent passage of prohibited articles onto or off of client facility.
- Escort individuals or vehicles in accordance with post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
- Maintain all necessary licensing, certifications, training and records for legal employment for the Security Guard position; keep and maintain all Security Clearances and documentation necessary for individual sites to include all for required ARMED positions.
- Use portable radios, phones or other communication devises appropriately and according to established rules.
- Monitor all APSI and client equipment; guard against loss or damage; report any such loss or damage immediately to a supervisor or manager.
- Log in Property Pass numbers for authorized property/equipment movements.
- Ensure the security of government property, detaining personnel using the mantrap when needed, and reporting anyone involved with unauthorized property/equipment removal.
- Conduct regular patrols and inspections of buildings and facilities
- Issue required badges or passes to authorized personnel.
- Monitor electronic access control and report violations
- Monitor radio-frequency identification (RFID) systems and respond to alarms indicating unauthorized removal of government property.
- Grant access to areas during non-working hours to authorized personnel in accordance with the established procedure and access lists.
- Monitor facility equipment and utility systems and report deficiencies to personnel responsible for repairs.
- Perform random surveillance of buildings for the detection of unauthorized or inappropriate activity.
- Perform random surveillance of fence line for breaches and the detection of unauthorized removal of government property, illegal or inappropriate activity.
*… For full info follow application link.
Ahtna Professional Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or protected veteran status. Native preference applies under PL 93-638. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.