Senior Process Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36601
Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers, flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard, coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the southeastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
Provide technical support and training to a production department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Greif accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Provide technical support and training to production department to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Complete analysis on all OEE components and put in place processes to improve the multiple components.
- Audit integrity of all mill weights and measures systems such as stock freeness, roll weights, roll lineal footage and direct material usage depending on Mill location.
- Maintain specified equipment records. Purchase specified operating supplies.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Provide support and training to employees to improve mill safety and housekeeping programs and procedures.
- Develop and maintain material and processes related to stock preparation, including refining, P.M. wet end, sheet pressing and drying.
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques if applicable.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Greif Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively both written and verbal.
- Excellent team leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to practice time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
Caraustar provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In all activities of recruitment, employment, promotions, transfers and other terms and conditions of employment, the individual s ability to perform specific job functions shall be the primary consideration. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact us at or via fax at 770.799.5832.
Employer’s Job# 2019-5826
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.