Career Transition Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
Ensure all students that leave Job Corps as a graduate or former enrollee are engaged in a verified placement activity that meets DOL, Corporate and Center criteria, and have access to adequate transitional services.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Places all assigned graduates within the placement service period. Places thirty percent of graduates prior to separation. Places forty percent of graduates within thirty days of leaving the center. Verifies and obtains third party verification for placements.
- Maintains monthly contact with all assigned graduates, both placed and non-placed, to determine needs for placement services, facilitate upgrades, and promote placement retention.
- Ensures that students take a positive Q2 and Q4 survey.
- Promotes job development through employers, one-stops, and state employment agencies and career transition contractors.
- Develops new company linkages each month to hire graduates and place assignees prior to separation.
- Surveys employers with which assigned graduates are placed, and provides feedback to Job Corps regarding employer satisfaction.
- Maintains assessment and placement plan for each assigned graduate.
- Documents all placement services provided to each assigned graduate in CIS case notes.
- Provides referrals to and registers all assignees with one-stops, JTPA, and state employment agencies.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides students with placement readiness.
- Coaches graduates on interviewing skills and on placement search strategies.
- Identifies, locates, and makes referrals to transitional support services necessary for successful placement and retention.
- Participates in CMT.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field or Associate degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field, and 2 years related experience.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- CPR/First Aid certifications
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.