Shipping and Receiving Material Handler
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Loxley, AL 36551
HR411 Job Description
This position receives, stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas, by hand or with power lift truck.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open crates and other packages.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Operates pallet jacks and forklifts as and when needed
- Keeps track of orders shipped through the timely filing of data in relevant inventories
- Ensures all raw materials are appropriately labeled with relevant dates
- Packs the material appropriately before loading it for dispatching
- Keeps track of all orders and dispatches priority orders first
- Keeps the stock inventory updated
- Scans the material manually while stocking and notifies the supervisor immediately if any deficit is visible
- Enters daily transactions in the related software
- Support in distribution by timely picking, wrapping, packing and loading of ordered material for clients
- Assembles crates for loading, using hand tools if needed
- Installs bracing, padding and strapping to loaded materials in the vehicle to ensure safe and secure dispatching of ordered material
Maintains the workplace and warehouse in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Must be able to thrive in a start-up environment with constant change.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Be at work on time every day and have the flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Always work safely and report any unsafe conditions. We are all responsible for Safety!
- High school diploma or GED.
Forklift certification or ability to be instantly certified required.
Two years prior warehouse experience, Manufacturing preferred
- Good reading comprehension skills
- Legible writing skill
- Basic carpentry skills
- Accurate counting
Basic computer skills, data entry
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as fork lifts, hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.