Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35243
TRC is seeking an Entry-Level Engineer, Geologist, or Environmental Scientist to join our growing Engineering, Construction and Remediation Practice in Birmingham, Alabama. This position would be part of a skilled team that works closely with Project Managers and other technical leads performing due diligence, construction/remediation oversight, process, industrial compliance and other environmental engineering activities, including field inspections and sampling. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and personable individual with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and a desire to be part of a growing and high performing team.
Typical Duties Include:
- Perform a variety of field work including environmental assessments, investigations, site inspections, sampling, and subcontractor oversight;
- Scheduling and oversight of utility locating, geophysics, excavation, driller, and construction subcontractors;
- Geologic and hydrogeologic interpretation from soil borings, excavations, trenches, and monitor wells;
- Data analysis and report preparation support;
- Preparation of permit applications and compliance plans (e.g., SWPPP, SPCC, etc);
- Assist with proposal development, including preparation of work scopes and budgets; and
- Work in a team setting with project managers and other team personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil, chemical, or environmental), geology, or environmental science from an accredited university.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office tools, including Word and Excel.
- One to three years of prior work experience in environmental consulting is desired, or relevant intern experience at professional environmental consulting firm.
- Must possess high safety awareness and be willing to adhere to all aspects of TRC’s rigorous behavior-based health and safety programs.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training, including current refresher training is desirable but not required.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and a company physical exam (indicating that there will be no restrictions for field activities or use of a half-face respirator).
- This position will require field work and travel, as well as early start times.
- Must be willing to accept short- and long-term field assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled