Specialist V/VI, Information Technology-VMware Systems Engineer (VDI)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36849
Job TitleSpecialist V/VI, Information Technology-VMware Systems Engineer (VDI)
Department/OrganizationOffice of Information Technology Admin
Salary Range$51,900 – $99,600
Job SummaryEssential functions include but are not limited to:
1. Perform system administration of VMware virtual desktop infrastructure and associated technologies, including the installation, configuration and upgrade of hardware, operating systems and software defined datacenter infrastructure.
2. Develop, monitor and maintain system software and utility programs
3. Perform on-call support evenings, weekends and holidays on a rotating basis
Auburn residents overwhelmingly rate the city as a great place to live, work and raise children, but don’t just take their word for it. Forbes has consistently ranked Auburn on its lists for Best Places to Retire and Best Small Places for Business and Careers. Auburn City Schools have consistently been ranked among the top public school systems in the state and nation.
Auburn University is committed to providing a comprehensive employee benefits package that attracts and retains talent to further the University’s mission and contributes to the personal and financial well-being of employees and their families. Employee Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care, Cancer Insurance, Life Insurance/Personal Accident Coverage, Disability Group & Supplemental Plans, Flexible Spending Account Plan, and Mandatory and Voluntary Retirement Plans, Auburn University Federal Credit Union, Bookstore Discounts, Tiger Perks discounts on dining, shopping and entertainment, Travel Assistance (Domestic and International), and Educational Improvements for Employees and Dependents.
Minimum QualificationsAn IT Specialist V must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of four (4) or more years of directly applicable experience. Typical salary range for this level is $60K to $75K.
An IT Specialist VI must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of seven (7) or more years of directly applicable experience. The typical salary range for this level is $70K to $85K.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Experience with administration of VMware datacenter and EUC products including VMware Horizon View, (VMware User Environment Manger, App Volumes, and other EUC tools.
- Experience with system administration of file and print services in multi-tenant environments.
- The successful candidate will be a self motivated person who is capable of performing assigned duties with limited supervision and possesses exceptional creativity and advanced interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for work in the U.S. by the employment date.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment site and attach the following: cover letter, resume and professional references. Only complete applications will be selected for consideration.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability Employer and committed to building an inclusive and diverse community.
Desired QualificationsPreferred Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering or related field.
Experience with thin client hardware and technology
Experience managing Nvidia GPU resources for in physical and virtual environments
Job Class CodeMA14 E/F
Job CategoryAdministrative Grade 34 and above
Quicklink for Postingwww.auemployment.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=194199