Senior Software Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for leading the development of common software architectures, specifying development environment, specifying and developing software interfaces, documenting test procedures, software testing and collection of acceptance test data
- Ability to lead, direct, and mentor junior level software developers on larger projects. Other responsibilities include support for installation and testing of equipment in the field, and support for user training and related user documentation
- Must have a strong focus on software modules that control and monitor commercial off the shelf (COTS) devices (such as power supplies, RF amplifiers, power meters), test equipment and instrumentation (such as vector signal generators and spectrum analyzers) and custom developed hardware including FPGA-based modules
- May require occasional travel and development at customer field site locations for 1-2 week periods typically near task completion
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Specific experience with C and C++ in both Windows and Linux based development environment
- Experience with object oriented software design and development required along with leading software development teams
- Must have advanced TCP/IP knowledge (sockets, TCP, UDP, ARP, DHCP)
- Works with Virtual Machines (e.g. VMWare)
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Python experience
- Knowledge/experience with embedded and FPGA development
- Experience with GStreamer, RTSP, RTP, and video capture devices is preferred
- Experience in configuring Linux servers and routers, switches, and wireless communications equipment
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Employer’s Job# 5000548354606
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.