Materials Test Engineer #AER00037P/Q
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
As a Materials Test Engineer, you will evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform materials characterization testing and analysis under the supervision of a senior engineer.
Material Test Engineer responsibilities include:
• Developing test plans and schedules
• Coordinating testing in the laboratory to ensure efficient operations
• Designing test specimens and fixturing
• Operating electromechanical and servo-hydraulic test machines to perform materials mechanical tests according to ASTM and NASA standards
• Analyzing materials test data, reporting results and participating in customer meetings
The majority of testing will be in room temperature air, but some testing will be in other environments including: elevated temperature, liquid nitrogen, liquid hydrogen, and high-pressure gaseous hydrogen. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. The individual will be assisted by technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.