Accounts Receivable Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35756
Sequel Youth and Family Services is a privately owned company that develops and operates programs for people with behavioral, emotional, or physical challenges. This is typically children between the ages of 5 and 17. We offer a broad spectrum of services and options that care for our patients and families alike.
This position is responsible managing all facets of billing and accounts receivable for assigned programs. Duties include: accurate posting of admits, discharges, payer rate for all bed days, bed checks, outpatient services, dropping bills, sending bills electronically and/or manually, verify posting report for accuracy, follow up on collections, working denials, responding to payer correspondence, keeping records of collection, keeping status of all billable accounts, and preparing month end reports on all accounts, weekly meetings with assigned programs to discuss problems and resolve all issues in the field and post cash receipts, adjustments/ write-offs and assisting with contract renewals.
- Perform weekly billing for assigned programs.
Billing in accordance with state Medicaids and third party commercial payor requirements.
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to patients accounts through patients database.
- Accurate posting of cash daily for assigned programs and balancing to cash to the bank and receipt log.
- Communicate with facility personnel regarding patients admissions, insurance, and authorizations.
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts.
- Call on past due accounts.
- Update Director of Patient Accounts on past due accounts.
- Notify Director of Patient Accounts of any overpayments/refunds.
- Contact commercial/state insurance companies to check on status of claims payments and write appeal letters for denial on claims.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
- Have a strong background in the workings of medical billing software.
- Knowledge of the CMS Uniform Billing Manual.
- Complete CMS 1500’s and 1450’s.
- Bill claims with numerous state/commercial website portals.
- Manage self-pay accounts.
- Familiar with multi- faceted Revenue and CPT codes.
- Prepare adjustment and write off reports.
- Must understand “explanation of benefits” (EOB) reports from all payors.
- Knowledge of commercial based payor contracts.
- Knowledge of 837 billing and 835 remits.
- Understand workings of authorizations.
- Able to verify insurance benefits and calculate patient responsibility.
Knowledge of Medicaid requirements ie: revenue codes/HIPAA codes.
- Prepare daily census for facilities and send reports.
- Follow-up on secondary billings, co-pays and deductibles.
- Prepare Revenue Production reports
- Training employees in job duties, procedures, and processes.
Skills & Abilities:
Education: HSD with 6+ years of direct medical billing experience, or Associates Degree with 4+ years of direct Medical Billing experience.
Experience: Five or more years of Managing direct commercial/state medical billing and collections experience in RTC and Outpatient services.
Advanced Microsoft Office skills set. Mid-level fluent knowledge of Excel.
5+ years medical billing and collection experience. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written skills. Able to work independently. Excellent supervision and teaching skills.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance after 60 days
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Program
- 401k after 60 days
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Daily Pay
- Educational Assistance Program
Do you have what it takes? Apply Now!
SEQUEL YOUTH & FAMILY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND VETERAN FRIENDLY EMPLOYER