Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
i3 is seeking a mid-level Structural Engineer to perform structural analysis using standard calculations and simulation tools such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in order to provide quantitative feedback to program management and design teams.
This position supports the Hypersonic Design and Systems Integration (HDSI) business unit. i3 HDSI personnel have over 35 years of experience supporting the missile system technology development for the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Missile Defense Agency, and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
i3 was founded on a simple idea: leave our team members and customers better than we found them-ultimately strengthening our Nation, our warfighter, our company and our community. We are non-traditional in every capacity. We hire experts. We have superb benefits. We consistently and effectively incentivize our team members to achieve excellence in everything they do. Sound like a fit for you? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Work closely with design engineers to evolve mechanical systems from basic concepts to feasible structural solutions to customer requirements, support ground test development and correlation efforts. Build complex assembly models incorporating boundary conditions from test data or Multi-physics simulations, isotropic and anisotropic materials, and nonlinear contact behavior while adhering to aggressive delivery schedules.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 4-8 years of experience in structural analysis of aerospace vehicles and technology.
- BS with minimum of 8 years of experience accepted.
- Working knowledge of composite materials for structural applications required.
- Understanding of the analysis of large assemblies including contact effects and nonlinear material behavior required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and adhere to schedules required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance required.
- A solid understanding of mechanical engineering principles and experience with the use of finite element analysis codes such as ABAQUS, NASTRAN, ANSYS, DYNA, RADIOSS, or similar tools to support nonlinear implicit and explicit analysis of missile systems, air vehicles, and ground support equipment.
- Ability to perform sensitivity and ‘what-if’ analysis to support design development decisions.
- Specific experience in the use of ABAQUS CAE, ANSYS Workbench, Siemens FeMAP or Altair HyperMesh.
- Experience in software development using scripting languages (Perl, Python, Tcl) or programming languages (Fortran, C++, C#, MATLAB) to support partially coupled and fully coupled analysis methodologies.
- Active Secret Clearance is preferred.
Business Unit: HDSI
Clearance: Secret Preferred