Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
+ Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Position ID: J1019-3096
Employment Type: Full Time
Join our CGI team in a dynamic environment supporting the US Army customer in developing and maintaining current MS Access and SQL Server databases. Work with senior programming staff to develop processes for migration of databases to Visual Basic ASP .Net. Apply your analytical skills to review data for anomalies and develop routines to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
1. Work as part of a team, including senior programming staff, government and internal customers to determine the requirements necessary to maintain and improve the current databases. As part of this team you will:
a. Develop requirements documents that outline the approved changes.Assist in the programming, testing, and implementation of changes.
2. Support the team migrating critical databases to ASP.NET using Visual Basic.
a. Actively participate in meetings with government customers and team members to determine the requirements.Assist in programming, testing, implementation, and user training.
3. Analyze data to identify trends and ensure data integrity.
4. Track, monitor, and report data gathered from various databases to measure and establish trends impacting data entry accuracy of technical information pertinent to spare part procurement actions for U.S. Army aviation and missile weapon systems.
5. Perform routine duties as they relate to task to include preparation of reports and maintenance of various spreadsheets.
6. Communicate with customers and coworkers to resolve issues.
7. Support customer with various assignments that are directly related to their general business operations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
1. Bachelor’s degree in MIS/CS and 8 years experience or High School with 11 years of related experience
2. Experience programming using MS Access.
3. Familiarity using SQL Server.
4. Experience programming using ASP.Net with Visual Basic
5. Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
6. Solid analysis and problem solving skills.
7. Solid verbal and written communication skills.
8. Must work well within a team environment dealing with high volume work with speed and accuracy.
9. Ability to work core hours between 8:00 and 4:30 Monday thru Friday
10. US Citizenship and SECRET security clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a background check and security investigation required to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
MEARS (Multi-User ECP Automated Review System),
ICAPP (Interactive Configuration and Procurement Program),
EDIS (Electronic Data Information System)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.