Sheetmetal (Structural) Aircraft Mechanic I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
ANDALUSIA, AL 36421
The*Structural (Sheetmetal) Aircraft Mechanic I*works under general supervision to safely layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. Services, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and overhauls aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions
- Use the proper hardware for various sheet metal applications
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP)
- Assist in monthly 5S audits
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to tool room after use
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft
- Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with leadership
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment. Perform other duties as assigned
- Must possess good reading and writing skills.
- Must have the ability to use and maintain all shop tools and shop equipment.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime, weekends and flexible hours as required.
- Must be able to obtain all certifications, licenses and/or clearances necessary for position.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data. Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-4 year depot sheet metal experience or equivalent is required.
- Aircraft familiarization is a plus.
- A&P License preferred but not required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable position.
- Frequently lifts parts and equipment up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects up to 50 pounds.
- Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
- May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside and be subject to extreme weather conditions.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
Job: Aviation / Support
Title: Sheetmetal (Structural) Aircraft Mechanic I
Location: UNITED STATES-ALABAMA-ANDALUSIA
Requisition ID: 1904343
DynCorp International is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. DynCorp International provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals in accordance with applicable federal law. The company will provide reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the company’s operations. Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation during the employment application process should contact 817-224-7459. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation should call this number.