Tool Room Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36107
Tool Room Technicianposted:Thursday, October 31, 2019
Installation, Maintenance & Repair (Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations)
6:00 AM – 3:00 PM
US$ 14.00 – US$ 18.00 per hour
This individual will be responsible for diagnosing and making repairs on all torque wrenches, air and battery tools within the working area. This includes managing/maintaining current inventory as well as any new tools that are added to the inventory.
- Check scheduling board at start of shift to determine tooling needs for each line, ensuring tooling is available promptly to avoid downtime.
- Setting, calibrating, and adjusting torque for all tools and all processes.
- Programming all new DC tools in addition to diagnosing DC programming issues.
- Troubleshooting all torque related issues and recommending countermeasures.
- Inputting into the inventory database the replaced tool and loaner tools information.
- Inspects tooling and equipment, as well as plan & perform preventive maintenance.
- Refer to tooling matrix to determine the appropriate tools to issue.
- Maintaining the inventory for sockets, extensions, bits, spare parts and other miscellaneous items that are stocked in the tool room.
- Input all repairs made to any tool into the repair/inventory system.
- At end of shift have correct tooling available for incoming shift.
Working hours: 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- General Troubleshooting Skills
- Programming DC tools and diagnosing DC programming issues.
- Changing out pulse or air motors on air tools.
- Changing out triggers on air and battery tools.
- Changing out pulse tool oil on air and battery tools.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Excel
- High school diploma/GED required
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a mechanic or other related industry
- Proficient in MS Excel and other computer related software
- Basic knowledge or experience repairing air tools, power tools, and hydraulic or pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to work overtime and some weekends to meet business demands
Apply Today and Find a Job YOU Will Love!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you’re looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.