Work Planner (A220)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
- 03-Sep-2019 to 14-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Supervisor, Work Material Planning (WMP), the Work Planner is responsible to plan, and ensure the completion of, the day-to-day activities of their respective A220 assembly work station. The Work Planner is part of an MFT in situ at the station.
- Detailed crew loading plan (in coordination with Methods)
- Ensure hours completion as per crew loading plan
- Prepare the outstanding work (release) report before A/C moves to the next position
- Analyze incoming outstanding work (release) from previous workstation and plan resources, workbook completion and daily assembly work
- Participate and support FOT completion, contributing to ‘green’ status
- Prepare FOT documentation for Quality Gate
- Manage Progression Board
- Follow up on position adherence to Learning Curve progression
- Man-power efficiency analysis, monitor man-hours per position and over-time
- Support departmental adherence to KPIs related to Health & Safety, Quality and Productivity;
- Coordinate daily team meetings to address issues impacting Operations
- Implement procedures and work instructions to support the manufacturing and quality system;
- Actively identify opportunities and support / participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including 5S;
- Support effective communication between Business Units;
- Prepare and issue relevant management reports and ensure visual management tools are maintained;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Diploma in any Aerospace, Manufacturing or Operations Management-related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with production assembly, material and work planning, and technical planning.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing work/ material or tool management.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- General knowledge of material and equipment used in the aviation… For full info follow application link.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.