System Support Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35203
System Support Technician (WD30085611308)
What you will do
The Systems Support Technician provides advanced technical, product, and services solutions to technicians, sub-contractors and sales representatives. You will assist associates in selling, installing, and servicing commercial security systems and will have knowledge of down loading software. The Systems Support Technician should have a basic knowledge of computers, networking, routers and Windows (XP, Vista and 7).Must be able to provide support on Web Browsers (Windows Internet Explorer and Fire Fox). You must have previous experience in Burglar alarms, Fire alarms, Video equipment or Card access equipment.
How you will do it
- Provide advanced technical support / information via phone or email.
- Provide advanced support on access control and video systems.
- Assist in product testing and evaluations of fire alarm equipment.
- Interface with data departments regarding downloader’s software and data communications.
- Provide basic sales and product support.
- Provide National Accounts support with special projects.
- Document cause and result of calls contributing to group knowledge base.
- Contribute to new procedures and updates as needed.
- Assist Engineering in new product testing, evaluations and help the Roll out team bring new products to market.
- Assist the Download department with the testing and implementation of Downloading software used to remotely program control panels.
- Assists in preparation and distribution of documentation.
- Provide Mastermind signal interpretations to field technicians.
- Provide support on router configuration diagnosing problems.
- Provide basic support networking issues.
What we look for
- Trade school or 2 year associates degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years’ work-related experience as alarm technician or security sales representative.
- Experience with burglar alarms, card access/access control, video/CCTV, and Mobile Security Management (remote access/apps).
- Basic phone, computer, email, and Microsoft office software.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic knowledge of networks
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.