Wheelchair Van Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35233
LifeCare of Alabama
LifeCare of Alabama
Job Title: Paratransit Operator Non-Exempt
Supervised By: Field Operations Supervisor
Reviewed By: Operations Manager
To provide compassionate transportation for the elderly, disabled or temporarily disabled individuals.
Essential Job Functions
- Responds to all assigned calls in the most appropriate, safe, and efficient manner.
- Completes appropriate transport records and billing documents.
Maintains a thorough working knowledge of local geography, including mapping, street, and grid book systems.
- Maintains unit and equipment in a clean, organized and ready condition prior to each shift and after each response.
Ensures proper fuel, fluid and tire pressure levels at all times. Reports equipment damage or malfunction as prescribed. Maintains and accounts for all equipment and supplies.
- Works with much standing, bending and kneeling.
Completes all daily station duties and maintains crew quarters in a neat and serviceable condition.
QUALIFICATIONS required to perform ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Local geography
- Knowledgeable of laws, rules, and regulations for the operation of a motor vehicle in the State of Alabama
Must possess physical agility necessary to assist ambulatory, wheelchair bound, and other clients with disabilities to safely board and exit paratransit vehicles.
Behavioral and Physical Skills
- Act calmly and quickly in all situations
Work independently or as part of a team
- Create and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment in stressful situations
- Work during odd hours and for extended periods, sometimes in adverse weather conditions
Certification(s) and/or License(s)
Current State drivers license applicable to work location
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate