Oil & Lube Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Wright Way Staffing
JOB ALERT NOTICE
Oil & Lube Technicians Needed
Oil & Lube Technician Job Description
We are accepting applicants for several automotive Oil & Lube Technician positions in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The jobs require performing oil and filter changes, checking that tires are inflated correctly, replenishing vehicle fluids and lubricating joints and fittings as needed, replacing wiper blades, installing car batteries, and performing tire rotations. This work requires good dexterity to use tools and requires a lot of standing and bending to work on vehicles. The garage environment presents risks that can lead to cuts, sprains, and other injuries, so attention to detail and a focus on safety are crucial.
The position is permanent, full time, direct hire, 1st Shift. The pay rate is Based on Experience (BOE).
Oil & Lube Technician Job Duties
• Confer with customers to determine the maintenance needs of their vehicles
• Inspect vehicles to determine need for changing oils and filters
• Provide feedback to customers
• Perform fluid checks on transmissions and ensure they are at required levels
• Ensure tire pressure is properly maintained and perform tire rotations
• Install new oil filters and drain plugs as needed
• Clean and lubricate fittings and refill various fluid levels
• Perform battery replacements and recharging activities
• Maintain cleanliness of the work area and stock supplies
Oil & Lube Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Some automotive repair experience, mechanically inclined, understanding of automobile engines, systems, and components, good communication skills, excellent appearance and hygiene, proficiency in mathematics, ability to understand vehicle specifications, honesty, sincerity, documentation skills, telephone skills, verbal communication, customer focus, industry knowledge.
• Must be 18+ years of age
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
• Must be able to pass a drug and background check
• Positive attitude and work ethic
• Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift 50 pounds
• Able to work independently or as an active member of a team
• Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
• Fluent in English, with Spanish fluency a plus.
• Be able to arrive at work on time every day when scheduled
• Prior experience in a vehicle maintenance and repair position is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: BOE (Based on Experience)
Interested candidates can apply with Wright Way Staffing at www.wrightwaystaffing.com or call Kortni at 205-601-9849 or call the Wright Way office at 205-639-1234.