Assistant Supervisor, Audio-Visual
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36849
Job TitleAssistant Supervisor, Audio-Visual
Department/OrganizationUniversity Communications & Marketing
Salary Range$28,000 – $46,700
Job SummaryThis professional provides an unsurpassed level of service for groups that choose to hold their events at the Auburn University Hotel and Conference Center.
Verify that all AV equipment needed is in the inventory before event. Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot all equipment, devices, and systems. Ensure all equipment is fully operational, repair and clean as and when necessary.
Additionally Operate and maintain all hotel house in-audio system, also assist and instruct guests/customers regarding proper usage/operation of AV equipment.
Audio Video Technician Responsibilities:
1. Assists in providing technical support and setup of AV equipment’s to the Banqueting department, other hotel staffs and guests.
2. Assists in guiding the users to help setup AV systems or resolve escalated issues.
3. Assists in documenting all technical issues within the incident management system.
4. Troubleshoots and maintains all the AV equipment’s.
5. Ensures that the maintenance of all electronics-related equipment and its associated auxiliaries are carried out in accordance with the Standard Engineering practice.
6. Banqueting hall audio ?video equipment maintenance and service and to be ready to use all times.
7. Hotel Guest Rooms TV channels and transmission systems is up-to-date and in operation all the time.
8. Arranged the systems well in advance before the functions and collect and placed them back in the stores in good working conditions.
9. Ensures that the work specified on the work order within trade is carried out quickly, accurately, skillfully, economically, efficiently and completely.
10. Ensures that electrical rooms, electrical panels audio ? video control rooms are kept clean and orderly.
11. Identifies upgrading needs for new AV systems, tools & equipment.
12. Participates in the installation of AV recording and Video calling systems during banquet events.
13. Ensures that the equipment’s & tools meet their requirements & specifications before they their deployment.
14. Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot AV / projection equipment’s / Mic / other devices.
15. Oversee the set-up of AV equipment in banquet/meeting rooms.
16. Ensure AV equipment is operational, labeled, repaired and cleaned when necessary.
Minimum QualificationsEntry into the applicant pool requires a High School Diploma or equivalent. Plus, three (3) years experience in audio-visual equipment and set-ups. Knowledge of audio-visual equipment, set-ups, and usages. Must have a valid drivers license prior to employment.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system and attach the following: cover letter, resume and references. Only complete applications will be considered.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment.
Desired QualificationsCandidates must have high school diploma or equivalent and should have at least three years of working knowledge of audio-visual equipment; be technically proficient with lighting, sound reinforcement, video recording, projection; and have direct live show audio-visual experience. Candidates must have the ability to lead and train a team, possess strong organizational skills, as well as excellent communication skills.
The Asst. Supervisor, Audio-Visual officially reports to OCM. During hotel events, the assistant supervisor reports to the Hotel’s Director of Food & Beverage in a dual reporting role.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
-Ability to set-up, operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair: all AV projection, lighting, conferencing equipment, devices and systems
-Work with event staffs and production teams to service audio-visual needs for external events and internal in-house hotel events and presentations
-Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus
-Self-starter who is driven by technology and can work independently as well as part of a team
-Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills
-Mature, professional demeanor in working with all levels of the organization, including executive management
-Ability to perform and maintain composure in high-stress situations
-Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Job Class CodeOC43
Job CategoryAdministrative Grade 29-33
Quicklink for Postingwww.auemployment.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=194207