SOF Quality Inspector (SOF0007_COMPANY_1)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35212
The Quality Inspector supports the Government with quality inspections and other functions of C-130 aircraft.
• Possess technical inspection experience in aviation and / or mechanical aircraft systems and sub-systems – specifically C-130 aircraft.
• Possess familiarity with the tools, concepts and mythologies of quality related inspections, to include aircraft avionics, mechanical electrical systems, and NDI techniques.
• Ability to conduct in-process and final inspections for C-130 aircraft according to Technical Documents and Work Orders.
• Ability to support the Quality Lead in other quality management and property functions, as required.
• The Quality Inspector may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to inspect aircraft electrical and mechanical systems and provide approval or offer guidance for repairs and re-work.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, technical instructions and procedure manuals.
• Intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs.
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to follow and contribute to quality, safety and property management processes.
• Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Must possess effective communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
• Ability to lean and understand corporate policies and procedures, how they relate to Yulista Tactical Services.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
• Ability to multi-task.QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School diploma and 8+ years related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least 5-years’ experience in processing technical fixed wing inspections of systems and sub-systems.
• AS9100 or AS9110 Aerospace Standard familiarity preferred.
• Ability to perform and document avionic electrical inspections according to technical documents.
• Ability to perform and document avionic mechanical inspection according to technical documents.
• Prior avionic maintenance for fixed winged aircraft – C-130 maintenance preferred.
• Experience supporting a DoD contract.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Secret Security Clearance.
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.