SOF Production Controller (SOF0008_COMPANY_1)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35212
The Production Controller is responsible in coordinating, forecasting and providing quality and timely support for all activities related to C-130 modification activities.
• Possess ability to communicate effectively with Site Lead, Shift leads, Quality leads and quality inspectors.
• Ensure material needs are known to support both short and long-term requirements for aircraft modifications.
• Assign logistics priorities to ensure no schedule impacts.
• Responsible for managing aircraft modifications, planning, scheduling, and control of all maintenance activities.
• Plan, project, issue priorities, manage and preposition supplies.
• Manage Production Control activities and ensure site lead is kept informed regarding critical path.
• Ability to multi-task and communicate with various cross-disciplines within Customer prime organizational structure.
• The Production Controller may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• This job has direct reports and supervisory responsibilities. This position supervises employees on a daily basis. The candidate should be well experienced in supervising, training, planning, scheduling, controlling projects and managing personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Have functional knowledge of industrial operations and processes inherent to aircraft modification, repair and/or manufacturing.
• Intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawings, technical drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc. Must represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely.
• Must possess effective oral and written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
• Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Tactical Services goals.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
• Ability to multi-task.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six years’ experience in planning/scheduling in the field of military aviation; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Have demonstrated knowledge and working experience in military aircraft modifications
• Be able to provide proof of experience in all aspects of safety, documentation, HAZMAT, training/licenses/certifications, scheduling, production control and management.
• Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance; Active Secrete DOD clearance preferred
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.