Principle Systems Engineer (YUL0221_COMPANY_1)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35824
The Principle Systems Engineer is engaged in all aspects of design, development and testing on rotary and fixed wing aircraft and upgrades for the US DoD and foreign projects and programs. This position will own internal and external customer responsibilities for systems engineering requirements as stated herein. This person will be the technical lead for assigned projects and programs in the design and test phases for the integration of mission equipment and electrical modifications into military and/or commercial aircraft to include total and partial cockpit upgrades.
• Requirements decomposition and allocation from the customer requirements through subsystem and component level requirements utilizing tools such as IBM Rational DOORs database
• Verification and validation of the system ensuring that the final product deliveries meet the design intent and customer requirements.
• Supporting the HW and SW design teams ensuring that the implemented design adheres to the systems requirements established for the products
• Perform systems tasks including design, requirements capture, development, documentation, integration of complex military training systems
• Develop Verification Cross Reference Matrices for tracking Requirements compliance
• Perform activities such as Risk Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Common Cause Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis and Failure Modes and Effects Summary
• Develop Systems Requirements Documents such as Safety Assessment Reports, System Safety Hazard Analysis and System Safety Plans
• Prepare reports and presentations for leadership and customers
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, excellent interpersonal skills, written communication skills, and proactive problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to apply creativity and alternative thinking to develop new or novel ideas to solve problems.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
• Experience with design, requirements capture, development, and integration of complex military systems
• Must have the ability to write and review documents, plans and test procedures
• Ability to review and understand engineering drawings developed using SolidWorks and or AutoCAD
• Prefer working knowledge of Mil-Std-31000 and ASME Y14.100 and associated Technical Data Package specifications
• Must have detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Tools
• Ability to travel if required
• Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline and 16 years of relevant experience
• U.S. Citizenship is required and must possess or meet eligibility requirement for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance
• Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
• Good organizational skills and the ability to manage individual tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
• Motivated self-starter with good analytical skills
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.