Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brookwood, AL 35490
NATURE OF WORK: This is highly skilled and responsible work supervising and coordinating assigned functions and programs within the Engineering and Maintenance Departments to include design, investigation, inspection, and project management services and activities. Incumbents in this classification are responsible for setting goals, establishing priorities, managing resources, developing concepts and approaches, and reviewing projects progress and results.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
- Performs engineering work related to planning, devising, or adapting methods to improve manufacturing production.
- Examines equipment, processes, operations, and assembly to determine time or quality revisions, and suggests improvements.
- Evaluates vendor and supplier proposals for new equipment purchases.
- Oversees the development, evaluation or review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities such as downtime and change analysis and procedure development.
- Assesses feasibility of proposed plans, projects, and equipment.
- Coordinates and/or acts as a liaison between the plant or department and vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Ensures conformance of all development plans, maps, and specifications for local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures;
- Identifies resource needs; reviews with appropriate management staff; implements improvements.
- Evaluates internal controls and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Directs, coordinates, and reviews the work plan for assigned engineering operations and functions.
- Assigns work activities and projects; monitors work flow; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures.
- Oversees and participates in performing a broad range of design activities on a variety of projects including automated equipment, storm drainage facilities, lighting, landscaping, water production and distribution facilities, and buildings.
- Develops design procedures; prepares plans, specifications, project budget and cost estimates.
- Interprets the application of design criteria; checks plans and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness.
- Reviews proposed development projects for entitlement and infrastructure needs; makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Reviews design conformance and accuracy of plans to coordinate improvement projects with staff, project managers, contractors, utility companies and other agencies.
- Provides advice and instruction to subordinates on design standards and problems from the construction phase to completion of the project.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates processes in an automotive plant.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
*… For full info follow application link.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, are encouraged to apply.