Structural Design Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35812
Cimarron is seeking Structural Design Engineers (Jr, Mid, Sr) to support the PAC-3 seaker program in Huntsville, AL. The effort spans the full life-cycle from sustainment of existing systems, test and verification of emerging systems, and the early design of the next generation system.
• Develop, integrate, and document structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
• Develop, maintain, and modify basic structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers, and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
• Perform tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
• Perform supplier development, test, and production activities and coordinate with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
• Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experience in structural design process from conceptual layout phase through build-to package release.
• Catia V5 CAD and Enovia skills.
• NX CAD and Teamcenter PDM skills.
• CREO CAD and Windchill skills.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering or other technical field.
Desired Skills, Experience and Education:
• Experience in Model Based Definition.
• Experience with Full Sized Determinant Assembly.
• Experience in utilization of new materials.
• Master’s degree or PhD from an accredited university in Engineering or other technical field.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.
We believe in recognizing employees’ worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From company communication through Company-wide information meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran. Due to facility security requirements, only US citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.