Quality Inspector III V-22 (YUL2058_COMPANY_1.9)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Meridianville, AL 35759
Reports to the Quality Control Supervisor, performs in process and final inspection of aircraft prior to presenting to internal or external customer.
• Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings, specifications, purchase orders, statement of work and standards to determine quality status; use precision measuring instruments, follow engineering orders and instructions, and interpret specifications according to inspection practices
• Assists Quality team members or management with failure and nonconforming material data recording and reporting
• Be able to determine acceptance, rejection of materials presented for inspection
• Independently perform comprehensive inspection of new, production, derivative and/or modified aircraft or ground vehicle raw material or completed components, for condition, conformity and documentation at shipping, receiving, acquisition, in-process or at final inspection
• Performs receiving inspections on all incoming product/material from suppliers/vendors
• Completes non-conformity and corrective action reports as required
• Good organization skills and Microsoft Office software to accurately document and maintain associated paperwork and inspection results in a consistent and timely fashion
• Understand regulatory requirements in reference to Counterfeit Parts
• Familiarity with various specifications applicable to Defense products and material with reference to workmanship including checking Material Test Reports, Certificate of Conformance
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members
• Ability to use measuring instruments for in-process inspection, ensure all measuring equipment used in the shop are working per its specific requirement
• Identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities for the quality program for customers internal and external.
• Review and approve locally developed procedures and solutions to complex repair situations
• Coordinate with the Customer Quality Assurance Representative concerning quality matters, mandatory inspection points and final acceptance inspection of contract end items or services
• Other duties as directed by the assigned Supervision
• Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license
• Inspect incoming contract units, forms and records and makes applicable entries for receiving into work process
• Provides continued surveillance inspection of all in process work
• Review maintenance source documents, inspection records, notes recurring discrepancies or trends and initiates appropriate action
• Conduct aircraft weight and balance tasks
• Inspect/verify proper completion and documentation of safety and flight discrepancies
• Approve or reject work accomplished by field team members to ensure compliance with customer specifications, standards and technical data
• Inspects for airworthiness and quality of aircraft maintenance and alterations
• Provides “OK to Install” for aircraft component parts
• Familiar with all applicable 14 CFR and the RSM/QCM
• Carry out similar inspection duties at both Domestic and International locations as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibility. However personnel who work and take on leadership role by being proactive, by quickly demonstrating exceptional grasp of knowledge and deploy skills, who communicate exceptionally well and establish a history of solving problems will be successful and will move onto greater role within the organization.
• This position requires a minimum of a High School diploma/GED
• (12) years Quality experience, minimum of six (6) years working with standards, policies and regulatory requirements (Government and/or Commercial)
• Preferred candidates will have experience at a minimum in one or more of the following qualifications: electrical, mechanical, electronics, hydraulics, fuels, NDI, painting, welding, structures and/or composites
• Airframe & Power plant license highly desirable
• Maintain Certifications as required to perform duties
• Experience in a manufacturing/repair station/research & development environment preferred
• Must be able to travel to Customers or Suppliers location (25%)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at WWW.YULISTA.COM, click on career opportunities.