Plant 2 - Line 3 Production Worker - 1st Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Albertville, AL 35950
Over the past 70 years, OK Foods has evolved from a producer of livestock and poultry feed to one of the world’s largest fully-integrated chicken producers, but our company’s core values of taking care of our people and producing only the highest quality products have remained constant. In November 2011, OK Foods was acquired by Industrias Bachoco out of Celaya, Mexico. Today, we employ more than 3,000 workers domestically in the U.S. dedicated to producing consistently high quality products our customers have come to expect from OK Foods.
This position is responsible for packing product, (chicken or beef) into bags or boxes at a normal to fast paced environment. This position is also responsible for grading product, (chicken or beef) to ensure that bad product is not mixed in with good. Employee must be able to keep work area clean and organized. Responsible for insuring proper placement and count product is in boxes. Must be able to follow guidelines concerning product quality and safety.
- People Skills-Able to communicate.
- Able to work with ingredients containing allergens: Soy, etc.
- Learn new skills and assist with improving current processes.
- Working in a fast paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require performing different job duties within the line or other departments as needed.
Minimum Skills and requirements:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Be able to follow written procedures.
- Follow plant GMP, Safety and USDA guidelines
- Ability to work quickly and safely in order to meet production requirements.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment (45 +/- F)
- Ability to stand for entire shift (approximately 8 hours) with the exception of break times.
- Exposure to noise (>85 decibels)
- Exposed to flour, spices, and other ingredients
- May walk through areas with moving production lines.
- Breading used in production process creates a dusty environment in some parts of the facility.
An Equal Opportunity Employer to include women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.