Maintenance Technician III - Redstone Military Hou
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Essential Job Functions
- Mentor a team of maintenance technicians with a focus on achieving efficiently run maintenance operations within the property and assist other technicians with troubleshooting as needed.
- Respond to service requests regarding furnaces, air-conditioning systems, appliances, water heaters and solar collection tanks, disposals, general plumbing, carpentry, painting, and other required maintenance items, as may be required.
- Performs skilled work in two or more trades such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair or locksmith requiring advanced knowledge and skills and advanced troubleshooting abilities.
- Maintain equipment such as tools, gauges, Freon recovery systems, snakes, drills, etc., in ready repair.
- Understand the proper use of equipment and chemicals and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Follow and adhere to an established preventive maintenance program for all heating and ventilation systems and perform the required maintenance including replacement of filters, etc.
- Assist in the make ready of vacated units including, but not limited to, painting, sanding, and varnishing, floor tile removal and replacement, ceramic tile replacement, dry wall repair, fixture repair and/or replacement, floor stripping, waxing, and polishing, window repair and/or replacement, etc., as will from time to time be required. Similar work as described above may also be required on the exterior of the home to make ready.
- Perform emergency maintenance as required including sewage back-ups, water main and/or lateral breaks (dig to expose line, repair, and replace soil as needed), fires, other types of water leaks, appliance repairs, etc.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
High school diploma (or equivalent) with advanced training resulting in a certification or a degree/journeyman license in building maintenance, or two or more skilled trades or other related subject; or an acceptable amount of on-the-job experience in building maintenance or one of the skilled trades.
Experience and Qualifications
- Have strong knowledge of overall building maintenance and have specialized knowledge in one or more of the following trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, or locksmith.
- Seven or more years’ experience in building maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights up to 57 pounds occasionally.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts up to a week at a time in duration.
- Previous experience leading and/or indirect supervision other highly desirable.
- EPA certification required. If not obtained at time of hire, must be able to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
- OSHA 10 certification required, if not obtained at the time of hire, must be able to obtain certification within the first year of employment.
Ability to affectively assist at leading a team of employees to meet or exceed established goals. Requires a team player who pays close attention to detail and who can prioritize in a fast-moving environment. Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of different people in a variety of situations.
Hunt provides equal… For full info follow application link.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status.