Special Event Attendant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35242
Special Event Attendant
Location (Location assigned to this requisition will be billed for any background checks and drug tests ordered against this requisition) : Address 2
2012 MAGNOLIA AVE S, SUITE R11
Position Type (Portal Searching)
09501 – BIRMINGHAM OPS CENTER – L. BURSKI
Basic Function: To deliver quality customer service, receive payment from customers for parking services and facilitate the flow of traffic through the gate
- Responsible for arriving at work every scheduled day, on time and in a neat and clean uniform.
- Courteously assist customers by answering any questions they may have in a courteous manner.
- Gives directions and is knowledgeable of surroundings to inform customers of various locations in the city
- Control traffic at entrances and exits as needed.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility or Senior Manager.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills and etc. to Facility or Senior Manager.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the lot.
- Practice the Three Keys to Customer Satisfaction including the Five Customer Service Behaviors to ensure successful customer interactions
- Count “bank” money at the beginning of the shift to verify starting total.
- Collect cash and/or coupons and maintain security of cash
- Make change and issue receipts or tickets to customers for each transaction
- Verify shift transactions against money on hand and complete cashier shift report.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location’s hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be a requirement.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and multiply and divide
with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The… For full info follow application link.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.