Strategic Sourcing Specialist I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36601
Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal s commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Strategic Sourcing Manager
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE: As a member of the Supply Chain group at Austal, will play a role in the performance and success of the function and the group. Will ensure Austal s Material and Service Support needs and requirements are met while maintaining a high level of customer service. Transactions will be variable, but more complex than routine, and involve significant high dollar negotiations and at times, high levels of risk.
- Working Individually or as part of a team, assisting with the negotiation of short and
long term agreements for raw materials, parts, subassemblies, finished goods, MRO
materials, equipment, tooling, supplies and/or services from suppliers.
- Basic Market Research; Assist in Supplier Sourcing; Assist with Basic Price/Cost Analysis
- Providing input to, and report outs on, commodity strategies and related projects.
- Assisting with Supplier metrics and advising suppliers of their performance
- Reviewing statements of work material specifications, service contracts, terms and conditions when required.
- Develop a procurement strategy by leveraging the supplier markets and delivering added value throughout the organization
- Knowing when to escalate issues, or ask for help from, the next level of management in the Supply Chain function.
- Documenting all phases of price negotiations and Pricing agreements to ensure compliance with Contractor Purchasing System Review guidelines and support the Tactical Procurement Team.
- Ensure increased efficiency in the procurement process and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Promote continuous improvement in the procurement organization.
- Able to track total spend in category and setting, measuring appropriate savings targets
- Assisting in the gathering of information to evaluate the financial stability, technical capability, process control, capacity and continuous improvement techniques of Suppliers when required.
- Following all Supply Chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials and particularly the ability to keep confidential information regarding all purchasing or commodity strategies confidential (and in some cases, within the supply chain function exclusively).
Employer’s Job# R0003858
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.