Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36108
Job Corps’ mission is to assist eligible youth to connect to the labor force by providing comprehensive and integrated academic, career technical, workforce preparation and independent living skills and support services leading to: Successful careers in in-demand industry sectors or occupations or the Armed Services that will result in economic self-sufficiency and opportunities for advancement; Enrollment in postsecondary education, including an apprenticeship program leading to long-term attachment to the labor force; and Responsible citizenship.
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for monitoring and directing students engaged in Center-sponsored recreational activities on- and off-center in compliance with government and management directives.
Description of Duties:
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Plans, implements and coordinates a comprehensive and diversified recreation program according to DOL, Corporate and Center guidelines: Provides new and creative ideas to use for recreational activities. Organizes and supervises students’ participation in a variety of recreation activities.
- Promotes recreational activities and continuing education: Coordinates and participates in recreational activities that promote independent living, continuing education, good sportsmanship, teamwork and continuous learning. Facilitates recreational classes and activities.
- Promotes safety of staff and students. Chaperones students to Center recreational functions. Conducts and tracks water safety training for all students as assigned. Promotes the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate workplace and leisure time behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Maintains accountability of students and property; adheres to safety practices. Participates in sports and fitness activities only with specified personal protective equipment.
- Ensures that recreation center is attractive, clean, safe, and in good repair. Inspections in assigned areas are to meet or exceed expectations consistently. Environmental Health Inspections must average 95% or above. Work orders are completed in a timely manner to ensure all furniture, equipment, etc. is in good repair. Documents relevant information in logs and other forms as required.
- Provides students with Independent Living Program training as well as other Career Success Standards training. Develops and implements training to ensure students’ successful knowledge and application of Independent Living and Career Success Standards. Provides individual and group lessons or project assignments after the training day and on weekends to help student’s master competencies in all standards with clearly established performance levels for these activities. Oversees Work-based Learning and leisure time students.
- Evaluation of Student Progress. Completes evaluations for students at least every 60 days and/or as special evaluations as requested. Ensures that students establish SMART goals and implement a plan so that they meet or exceed goals and expectations.
Education and Experience
Associates of arts degree or 1 year of related experience working with youth.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Valid CDL with P endorsement license; CDL preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with… For full info follow application link.
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.