Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35210
Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years’ CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at . For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at .
The Mechanic diagnoses and repairs diesel tractors, trailers and other wheeled vehicles by performing the following duties.
- Examines and diagnoses vehicle problems, and repairs according to generally accepted methods
- Discusses extensive or difficult in-depth repairs with Terminal Manager
- Demonstrate and enforces CEMEX safety policies and regulations to all mechanics (i.e. lockout tagout policies, hazard assessment)
- Make sure shop and all repairs are in compliance with OSHA regulations
- Performs routine scheduled maintenance outlined on PM checklist sheets
- Plans all routine work procedures
- Raises vehicle, with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical components for removal, repair or inspection
- Removes components for repair of replacement such as, but not limited to: alternators, starters, water pumps, radiators, condensers, compressors, clutches, transmissions, differentials, wheel assemblies, brakes, drivelines, gearboxes, pump, rollers, etc
- Disassembles components, inspects parts for wear, and determines cause of failure
- Troubleshoots and repairs hydraulic systems, and components
- Inspects and replaces parts such as clutches, wheel seals, brake linings, drums, bearings, and all other components as described above
- Overhauls and rebuilds serviceable components
- Some regional traveling required to repair company equipment
- Diagnoses and repairs electrical systems and circuitry in accordance with acceptable industry standards
- Performs occasional cutting and welding utilizing both gas and electric welding equipment
- Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wiper blades
- Enters work orders on system for equipment inventory purposes
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA, and MSHA rules and regulations at all times
- Wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years related experience, training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to understand, interpret, communicate, and execute with exactness instructions given in both verbal and written form
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- Able to recognize potentially hazardous situations, understanding instructions given by supervisor, possess common sense
- Ability to deal with… For full info follow application link.
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.